Find the Path of Enlightenment through Meditation
If you could achieve bliss—that state of perfect peace that resounds throughout the body, mind, and soul—in only a few minutes, wouldn’t you try it? All you have to do is meditate.
Meditation is the practice of mindfulness. It’s finding a quiet place, setting aside the distractions of daily life, and focusing on being present in the moment. There are many types of meditation, which can incorporate cleansing, rhythmic breaths, positive mantras, gentle movements, or any combination of these. The goal is to calm the mind and let go of stray thoughts, achieving a deep state of relaxation that will leave you feeling grounded and refreshed.
There are many benefits to meditation that affect all areas of your life. Among them:
- Stress relief. Meditation has been shown to improve mood and ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. That can also have a positive effect on stress-related conditions such as insomnia, body inflammation, and poor eating habits.
- Immunity support. Don’t let colds or the flu drag you down. Research has found that regular meditation can be associated with a stronger immune system.
- A positive mindset. An essential part of meditation is giving yourself grace to acknowledge when extraneous thoughts enter your practice and simply move forward without judging yourself for them. This can lead to greater self awareness and acceptance, as well as a compassionate outlook towards other people.
- Enhanced brain function. Studies have shown that mental clarity can be improved with meditation, with measurable benefits for concentration, attention span, and, in older adults, memory.
- Support for heart health. Meditation has the power to lower blood pressure and reduce the negative cardiovascular impacts caused by stress, such as an elevated heart rate.
- Relief for aches and pains. As the body and mind relax through deep breathing and mindfulness, tension in the muscles and joints melt away. Many people find meditation can be effective at pain management.
Starting a Meditation Practice
If you are ready to give meditation a try, but not sure how to get started, a guided meditation in which a teacher leads you through your practice can be helpful. Our Chakra Meditation Healing Sessions focus on balancing the body’s zones of energy for greater vitality and serenity.
Each hour-long healing session emphasizes a particular chakra, and includes an assessment of your chakra health. You will participate in a 20-minute guided meditation and learn breathing exercises and soothing stretches before ending the session with a soothing sound bath.
In addition, we also offer mindfulness classes for kids and teens. These sessions are tremendous opportunities for children to hit pause on their social media-heavy lives and take the time to just be still, calming their brains and bodies. Our mindfulness classes will help kids learn valuable coping techniques and tools that will serve them well throughout their lives. Both our child and adult classes are led by instructors who are experts in guided meditation—you will leave each session feeling recharged and re-balanced.
You can register in advance for a spot in our meditation classes; drop-in spots are also available. Bring a pillow, blanket, and yoga mat to create a comforting space for your practice. Want to bring more bliss to your life? Contact us today for more information on our meditation program.